Pharmacogenomics is the study of how genes affect a persons response to drugs. These genetic differences will be used to predict whether a medication will be effective for a particular person and to help prevent adverse drug reactions.
- Minimize potential adverse drug reactions
- Accurate methods of determining correct drug dosages
- Results incorporated from in-office swab tests
- Not all individuals metabolize drugs the same way
- Offer valuable information to assist prescriber’s in determining individual patient drug therapy and the effectiveness of drugs prescribed
Rego Medical Consultants is not a health care provider. All statements contained herein are informational and for educational purposes only and are not intended to influence a health care provider’s judgment in treating patients. All decisions relating to the use of any health care product or service are to be solely made by an appropriately licensed health care provider and the patient.